Positioning The Brand For Its Next Stage of Growth
The Wellness Way
Green Bay Wisconsin-based The Wellness Way is a rapidly growing health services organization with 72 clinics across the country, and a growing international presence. Inspired by his wife’s disappointing experiences with traditional healthcare, founder Dr. Patrick Flynn’s “I Disagree” way of thinking understands that just because something is common, does not mean it’s normal.
The fact is, that despite our medical advancements, American’s are sicker than ever. Chronic conditions are at an all time high. The Wellness Way’s approach to care is unlike other traditional health care organizations – based on a different way of thinking. They are changing lives, restoring hope, and getting results. And their growth trajectory is enormous.
Despite this, leadership realized that in order to achieve their longer-term vision, they needed to strengthen their brand and marketing – branding strategy, organization-wide brand alignment, bolder approach to creative and unified brand marketing.
Following a lengthy process of interviewing prospective branding and marketing agencies across the country – our hybrid brand consultancy / marketing agency was engaged in late 2019.
Our goals were to clarify and articulate The Wellness Way’s brand strategy, engage prospective patients through an integrated digital marketing program and a more distinguishing creative idea, and lay the foundation for future brand-led business growth.
Our upfront discovery process included internal workshops, practitioner and patient interviews, competitor and outside category brand role model reviews, brand and marketing audit and a final brand opportunities report. This set the stage for all of our deliverables:
- brand strategy: brand story [using our “Hero Journey” framework], tone of voice, elevator pitch, brand positioning statement, messaging matrix
- brand design: evolved logo and new tagline, visual identity system, collateral, social media channels, new website, brand guidelines
- creative: creative platform, brand video, digital billboards, etc.
- marketing: digital marketing/media plan and tactics
A successful branding and marketing solution that positions The Wellness Way for its next stage of growth:
- Across the board leadership team buy-in to Trajectory’s recommended The Wellness Way brand strategy and design recommendations, including brand story and elevator pitch (which was never able to be captured before Trajectory).
- New brand tagline reflecting a powerful, motivating, distinguishing and true idea that everyone (both internally and externally) can rally around – Do Health Differently.
- Also new creative platform and executions (including brand relaunch video) and new digital marketing/media roadmap and tactical plan execution.
The Wellness Way relaunched its brand internally in October 2020, followed shortly thereafter with our external creative and digital marketing rollout.