More than many other CPG sectors, the anti-aging, beauty and personal care industry is guided by trends. Beyond the healthy living mega-trend, i.e. the overlap of beauty, health and wellness categories that used to be discrete, we see four big shifts that will pave the way for wellness marketing success and the growth opportunities for brands.
Following the lead of organic food and household supplies, more consumers are interested in natural beauty products. Because a focus on health today isn’t confined to what consumers put in their bodies. They’re increasingly concerned about products they put on their bodies, and committed to products that are good for the environment. On the path toward a more natural beauty regimen, today’s transparency-minded consumers seek authentic brands and products.
Anyone today with an idea and an authentic and compelling story can be a relevant beauty and personal care brand, as the premise of what it means to be a brand is being redefined. Consumers, more skeptical of marketing than ever, now expect brands to be more honest and real. Small and indie brands have had an advantage in this respect because they’ve built their audiences based on focused appeals centered around lifestyle or values. The result is a more targeted, personalized and ultimately relevant method of building brand loyalty.
Anti-aging and beauty brands are aligning themselves with the wellness movement and seeking to expand their reach into “inner beauty” – developing ingestible products that can impact health alongside appearance. The promise of “health and beauty” has never been more real.
As more consumers integrate digital tools and platforms in their paths to purchase, the opportunity for brands to connect with them is increasing as well. But connecting with digitally engaged shoppers isn’t as easy as encouraging them to visit a website or dropping in on their social channels. With more people shopping without ever stepping up to a shelf, the traditional playbook for building and sustaining brand loyalty has changed. Key to future success is finding a way to leverage the data and technology on which these devices are built to make products personally relevant for consumers.
Interested in talking about your approach to wellness marketing for your anti-aging, beauty and personal care brand and business? Reach out.
How We Move Our Anti-Aging, Beauty, Personal Care Clients Forward:
- Understand and identify opportunities to strengthen competitive position by diagnosing brand strength (qualitative and quantitative)
- Enhance relevancy by developing and sharpening brand strategy (purpose, promises, positioning, architecture, naming and nomenclature, messaging)
- Create faster and more sustainable growth by repositioning existing brands
- Assist with planning by writing go-to-market plans, content marketing strategy plans and social media plans
- Build brand affinity at every point of contact through design, communications, digital
- Launch new consumer brands and professional brands
- Strengthen customer experience, engagement and revenue opportunity by optimizing digital brand expression
- Mobilize internal teams and bolster internal marketing by providing tools for more effective brand management