Living with chaos – wellness influencer advice from Bija Bennett
Bija Bennett Advice On Living With Chaos
I’m sharing this article I came across on weareageist.com – How to Find Calm in Chaos: 7 Simple Steps. The article is written by acclaimed author, speaker, wellness influencer and pioneer Bija Bennett, who offers advice on finding calm in this chaotic time and allowing yourself to grow with focus and purpose.
Timing couldn’t be better, as chaos (more than usual) comes at us from multiple directions, i.e. COVID-19, senseless shootings, important protests, economic hardships and failures, education uncertainty, etc. For health and wellness brand owners, there’s important context here for crafting your health and wellness marketing messages. This is the time to ask yourself two important questions:
- what need is your marketing addressing; and
- why will this matter to your audience at this specific (very unique) point in time?
Seven Simple Steps for Moving Through Chaos
In the article, she recommends moving through chaos with seven simple steps (and we’ve included a key takeaway of what that can mean for health and wellness marketing teams):
- Trust in yourself. When you’re in chaos, trust your inner voice. Believe in your guiding values and continue to recognize and welcome what’s positive in your life. Marketing takeaway: Important perspective to keep in mind about to how to connect with audiences, by finding ways to reflect their values.
- Have faith in a higher order. Whatever happens, the structure of your world will maintain its shape. It won’t dissolve. Focus will emerge. Marketing takeaway: Speak and act with a positive, reaffirming and supportive voice.
- Know that sanity emerges in purpose. Your main concern is not to gain pleasure or avoid pain, but rather to see a meaning in life. Meaning is the attractor; it pulls your cohesive self through. Use this time to pause, ponder, reboot and launch a “Project Self” to help you build a calmer and more focused you. Marketing takeaway: Purposeful experiences that help audiences move forward in their lives.
- Allow yourself to grow. Pulling back does not get you through. Simply discover the state of calm through introspective practice. Be gentle with whatever you’re going through. Marketing takeaway: Look at your brand through the prism of physical, emotional and spiritual health, and find values that resonate to share with your audiences.
- Look in the direction you want to go. You may feel like a ship at sea being tossed around. But keep pointing the ship toward the shore or the light. Keep breathing and steering the boat. Know you’re going to get through it all. In the end, there will be a wide, calm, and a deep delight. Marketing takeaway: What role can your brand genuinely play to help audiences “get to shore.”
- Be willing to be disturbed. This is the challenge. Once you emerge from chaos to order without too many bruises, you’ll know you can throw yourself into the maelstrom of chaos anytime, and you’ll still be all right. Marketing takeaway: How can your health and wellness brand help people to be better, stronger, faster…
- Keep moving. The next time you find yourself in chaos, keep moving and remember what Nietzsche said: “You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.” Marketing takeaway: Be aspirational, as people will buy your brand for the life they want, not the one they have.
The overarching message for health and wellness brand owners is that more than ever, millions of us are looking for a better way to navigate our lives. Which translates into an important opportunity to plant a flag where your customers want to be. Once again, the original article can be found here.
Wishing you well!
As specialists in healthcare and wellness since 1999, Trajectory can help you to more meaningfully engage today’s active health and wellness consumers across every step of their health journey. Reach out for a risk-free consultation.