Being able to help steer the future direction of the Arnold Palmer Brand is a dream assignment. Fortunately, that honor is ours.
Icing on the top of a really big cake that we’ve been enjoying since we started our work, was this front-page article in the 12/5 Ad Age – Arnold Palmer takes a swing at positioning his brand for the future.
There are few sports figures that have earned the level of respect and admiration that Arnold Palmer has. Beyond his achievements on the golf course, his brand has played a role in our daily lives for more than half a century.
When you meet Mr. Palmer and spend time with his team, and begin to talk with employees and business partners, you quickly come to understand why. And they relate back to some important principles:
• Timeless values and ideals never grow old. That’s why they’re timeless.
• The importance of an authentic and emotional, simple and repeatable story as a foundation for growth.
• Regardless of how compelling a story, quality products are ultimately critical to success.
• While considering new ways to surprise and delight customers, you must remain true to your original identity.
• Your brand is the cumulation of everything you say and do, no more and no less. Everything matters.
I truthfully can’t say enough about how special this experience has been. For many reasons. But at the end of the day, what really blows us away, is how humble and kind the people are at Arnold Palmer Enterprises. And as usual, this tone emanates from the top. Good life lessons.