In case you didn’t see it, here’s a good article on HealthLeaders Media – 5 Resolutions Every Hospital Marketer Should Make in 2015 – written by Marianne Aiello.
She looks back at some of the strongest hospital marketing initiatives accomplished in the past 12 months and translates those into resolutions that will help marketers strive for an even stronger 2015.
The five resolutions (with supporting examples from 2014) include:
1. Become more agile…by responding to what your audience is captivated by or concerned about in the current moment.
2. Prioritize social media…as if it were as important as a rebranding or a service line campaign.
3. Get back to basics with content…using it as the cornerstone for all marketing efforts.
4. Consider opportunities outside of the hospital…reaching out to patients beyond traditional walls.
5. Reimagine the patient experience…finding new ways to make patients feel cared for and at ease.
If I had to prioritize, I’d say the idea of patient experience – is the most important. But it goes beyond finding ways to make patients feel cared for and at ease. Because their experience starts way before they become patients and way after they leave the hospital. And they don’t draw a line between, or compartmentalize, these experiences. Every touch point contributes to, or doesn’t, a seamless, delighting and compelling brand experience.
So maybe there should be another resolution added to this list:
6. Think more broadly about patient experience as customer brand experience – cultivating the relationship between customers and your organization along their entire journey, and which encompasses every interaction they have with your healthcare system, hospital and offerings. And if orchestrated right, then gives you the ability to reimagine their patient experience.