The concept of energy is at the heart of our culture at Burberry and comes from a deep core of shared values.
These are the words from this TED talk of Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry. Her talk addresses why we need energy, what makes it work, how it can be communicated and where it takes us. As we’ve built Trajectory around creating new energy, it’s gratifying to see that a prestigious brand like Burberry embodies and lives this ideal.
Three key takeaways from her talk:
1. Amidst pervasive feelings of fear, distrust and uncertainty – the response might be surprisingly simple. A powerful force we’re all born with – energy.
2. Passionate, positive human energy can provide a counterbalance to the disruptive negative forces of an age of unprecedented change. Through it comes confidence, inspiration and the power to transform things for the better.
3. Energy, at the heart of Burberry culture, comes from a deep core of shared values, based on:
• Trust – single-handedly the most powerful source of positive energy and once in place, unlocks a freedom and peace to explore.
• Intuition – teaches us to use our natural inclinations to protect the possibilities rather than simply accepting the probabilities.
• Belief – builds alignment and creates confidence. Belief is what sets energy in motion, and creates the success that breeds more success.
Please watch the video. And please do share your comments.