Marketing beyond the “department.”
Re-think the traditional view that marketing is concentrated in the “marketing” department, and that only those with a “marketing” title do marketing.
What if, instead, everyone in the organization were in the marketing department? Which they are. Because marketing really IS boundary-less.
Consider that everyone’s communicating all day long…
• when they answer the phone and talk to a customer, partner, vendor, prospective one of those
• when they send an email and communicate with a customer, partner, vendor, prospective one of those
• when they leave their (your company’s) voice-mail message
• when they write that blog post or send that tweet
• when they’re at the bar after work and someone asks them what they do for a living
• when they’re attending an industry event or a lunch with fellow local chamber members
• when the customer receives your invoice or calls the customer service hotline
• when the customer walks into your office, takes in the environment and is greeted by your receptionist (or whoever is sitting in that first impression seat)
You get the point. We’re all marketers. And marketing is the sum total of all that emanates from the inside out.