Could your healthcare system brand really compete?
It’s five years from now. Your healthcare system, hospital or physician group competitive set has grown to resemble that of most other categories. The power has shifted to consumers. They have multiple options and are heavily influencing each others choices through their feedback and communities. Brand actually drives a disproportionate share of the purchase decision.
Ask yourself – HONESTLY – if this was the case, how effectively could you compete? Beyond the table stakes technology, infrastructure, skilled physicians?
Do you stand out? Stand for something? Have you pinpointed what’s more compelling about your brand that will sway selection in your favor?
Here are five ways to know. Five ways to know if you’re on the road to thriving or disappearing:
1. Is your organization collectively driven by a clear view of the future, by shared purpose and goals?
2. Do you have a clear picture of your communities, and how you (can more importantly and uniquely) help them live better lives?
3. If they walked into your front door, or the door of your website, could they distinguish you (based on this experience) from your competitors?
4. Does your brand permeate everything that you are and do – values, culture, people, promises, experiences and communications? Or are you still fractured across departments.
5. If we took your name off of your marketing, is it still yours (because you’ve figured out how to tap into aspirations in ways that have come to be identified as yours)
So…how bullish are you about your future?