Beginning with ten Westin properties, guests have complimentary use of footwear, apparel and exercise program content. The program also includes “Wellness in Travel” tips on nutrition, inventive ways to combat jet lag and promote healthy living, as well as enhanced individual Westin property neighborhood running maps. The program is being rolled-out brand wide in 2011.
Here’s what we should appreciate about this program:
1. It’s different. It’s a first in the category and for customers, providing unique benefits that no other brand offers.
2. It surprises and delights guests. As in any relationship, these unexpected actions keep the spark alive (like DoubleTree Hotel chocolate chip cookies, just healthier).
3. It’s important. This effort makes guests lives better. It offers something useful and adds value beyond mere communication (like Mayo Clinic meditation videos).
4. It lets people participate in the brands in entirely new ways (like Nike+iPod).
5. It’s sticky. Just like your personal fitness regimen and record at your health club, the same record can now be attached to your Westin guest profile wherever you travel across the globe.
6. It builds business. Beyond image building, this wellness initiative drives incremental business for both Westin and New Balance.
7. The brand fit is strong. It reinforces the shared values of these leader hospitality and fitness brands. The new fitness offering joins a host of wellness initiatives already introduced by Westin. Likewise, the partnership is part of an ongoing effort by New Balance to forge innovative partnerships with active lifestyle and fashion brands that share a similar customer base.
8. It challenges expectations. Raising the bar on (and redefining) the traditional hotel experience.
Which brand(s) could you create a partnership with to create new game-changing value like Westin and New Balance?
You can read the full article here.