Do you need to build more relationship and financial value back to your health brand in 2011? Have the past couple of years sapped some of your brand strength?
Start with this 10-point brand checklist for reexamining and refreshing your brand:
1. Customers. Step back to understand what they really want, and whether you’re still feeding their desires and enticing their participation.
2. Brand Idea. Do you need to refine the big idea that defines you, helps you stand out from the crowd and really matters to customers (both inside and outside the organization).
3. Brand-Business Alignment. Is your business thinking and acting differently based on #2.
4. Brand Positioning. Is it focused, compelling and distinguishing, and grounded in #1 and #2.
5. Experience. Are you delivering an “on-brand” experience (pre-during-post use) that reflects your brand story.
6. Engaged Employees. Do they understand how they can contribute to building the brand, and do they possess the motivation and tools to do so.
7. Marketing. Does your marketing reflect this positioning through every possible medium you have at your organization’s disposal.
8. Design Execution. It needs to be brilliant. Make sure you have guidelines in place to drive brand expression.
9. Creating New Value. How can you create more value for your customers — identity value, social value, time value, utility value, etc.
10. Shareholders. Are you using the power of your brand to build shareholder confidence and drive behavior.
Make 2011 the year that you unleash the full power of your brand (and your customers).