Virgin Active Health Clubs just inked a three-year deal for the London Triathlon, to be renamed the Virgin Active London Triathlon.
Here are six brand and customer benefits that I appreciate (as Virgin Active members should) about the new relationship:
1. Brand Values. It reinforces Virgin Active’s values of challenging the norm, having fun, innovation.
2. Helping Members Do More. Virgin Active will help its members train and prepare for the event as part of its sponsorship by launching a range of classes especially tailored for the event –– alongside the clubs staging their own indoor triathlon next year.
3. Promoting Participation. Being the world’s largest event of its type, it encourages a wide range of people of all fitness levels, from beginner to elite, to get involved and try it for themselves.
4. A Different Triathlon Experience. Participants (and spectators) can expect a uniquely Virgin Active Triathlon experience and spirit beyond that of other triathlons.
5. Engagement In A Uniquely Virgin Way. Owning this event helps Virgin connect to its audiences in ways that other health clubs can’t. And it provides Virgin the opportunity to extend this engagement (in ways that are meaningful and compelling to members) for years to come.
6. Reflecting Positively on Virgin Active Members. Virgin’s sponsorship of the triathlon, while enhancing Virgin’s image, also reflects positively on Virgin Active members self-image.