Huggies: enriching customer health one innovation at a time
Kimberly-Clark is working with their core customer, and the fastest-growing sector of entrepreneurs – women – by investing in their incubating innovation ideas.
Twelve entrepreneurs, chosen from 400 submissions, now make up the first class of Huggies “MomInspired” grant recipients, receiving $15,000 each to fund their “unique baby or childcare product ideas that address unmet parenting needs and make life easier for moms and dads.”
According to Steve Paljieg, Senior Director, Corporate Innovation for KC "our most important consumer is mom, and we felt the launch of Huggies MomInspired delivered on the brand's mission of providing simple solutions to help parents enjoy each and every day (beyond diapers or hygiene) and also encourage the business success of moms by giving them access to educational and financial resources."
Here why this program creates new value for both brand and customer:
– it delivers on the brand mission
– helps create a bigger brand idea (and potentially new revenue streams) beyond diapers and hygiene
– creates a more meaningful kind of brand-customer relationship beyond Huggies' core business
– connects women (and men) together, through Huggies, around their most important agendas
– engages and ignites pride on the part of those who work on the Huggies brand
– generates great PR and positive word-of-mouth for Huggies and KC; and
– ultimately builds loyalty and (presumedly) more Huggies sales