Beyond the core lies more value for your customers and your organization.
Fueled by a powerful brand idea, you have more opportunities than you think to create new and greater value for your health brand customers beyond your core product and service offerings. To introduce marketing innovations to drive sales as much as new product development.
Here are five pathways (along with some examples) to generate new brand-led growth through marketing-led innovation and to add more value to your customer’s lives – along the way introducing new dimensions for distinguishing your brands.
1. New Experiences: If you’re a high-end spa brand like Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door Spas, and your target audience just happens to be well-to-do females, how about creating the Red Door Spa wedding experience?
2. New Audiences: If you have a strong foothold in the weight-management category like Atkins Nutritional, why not help fight obesity by working along with schools to assist school-age children to eat healthier meals?
3. New Partners: If you’re Octane Fitness, committed to making the best elliptical machines in the world, how about partnering with Apple (another brand committed to “best in the world”) to build readers into your machines?
4. New Channels: If you’re Glo Professional, a beauty company with products that are supposed to be great for post surgery skincare, why not pursue the professional healthcare channel?
5. New Dialogue: If you’re an everything-bicycle retailer like Performance Inc. – how about creating an online social community among bike enthusiasts and asking them to contribute their favorite bike routes across the United States, thereby creating tremendous value for riders through your brand.
What have you done today to surprise and delight your customers through marketing innovation? Please share.