Is your healthcare marketing worth your customer’s time?
Does your marketing in and of itself add value to your customer’s lives? Does it help them in some way do more than they can on their own?
If not, why not? Why aren’t you moving beyond traditional one-way tell and sell advertising to actually connect and interact with your audiences (whose expectations are greater every day) in ways they actually value and want? Why still simply send a fleeting message when you can interact in more meaningful and personal ways, gain valuable insight, spur innovation that helps you and your customers grow stronger, turn customers into brand advocates.
Here are seven ways, along with examples, of how to create greater value for customers (and your organization) through your marketing:
1. Be Considerate. Demonstrate that you understand what they’re going through. J&J’S babycenter.com
2. Motivate Them. Be an inspiration. Nike Plus (Nike + ipod) running.
3. Give Something of Value. Beyond what you’re selling. sanofi-aventis GoMeals.
4. Show You Care. Listen, respond and repeat. M•A•C Cosmetics Viva Glam.
5. Surprise Them. Keep your relationship fresh. P&G’s beinggirl.com
6. Keep Communication Going. Stay in touch. Perricone MD’s DailyPerricone.
7. Spend Time. Create an experience that brings you closer. Olay For You.
What did I miss? I welcome your comments and suggestions.