Imagining and creating new value requires seeing what others don’t. Which starts with the desire to do so. Yet people are either wired to venture into new territory or not. So how do you identify the innovators inside your organizations?
Here’s a great article from Saul Kaplan, founder and chief catalyst of the Business Innovation Factory – 10 Ways To Recognize The Innovators In Your Organization.
Here are his top five (of ten) behavioral characteristics:
1) Innovators think there is a better way.
2) Innovators know that without passion there can be no innovation.
3) Innovators embrace change to a fault.
4) Innovators have a strong point of view but know that they are missing something.
5) Innovators know innovation is a team sport.
Are there other traits that you’d add to his list?