There’s a right way and a wrong way to use Twitter for marketing. The wrong way is to make it about “you.” The right way (the only way) is to make it about “me”, the other person involved in the conversation. Done right, you’ll then reap the downstream rewards.
Here are five tips from Doug Firebaugh (SocialMediaBlogster.com) for Twitter marketing:
1. Marketing is all about relationship: first-second-third
2. Twitter is about “peripheral connections” that are in sync with you
3. Twitter marketing is about Trust, Trails and Teams
4. Twitter marketing is about secondary exposure – not just primary
5. Twitter marketing rests upon the platform of “First Effectual Impressions”